Papeda is made from sago flour, the still damp sago flour is usually saved in a container made of sago palm leaflets, called tumang in which it will keep for several months before spontaneous fermentation will turn it too acidic and unsuitable for making papeda. There are comparable meals in Malaysia, where it is called Linut, part of the Melanau cuisine in the East Malaysia state of Sarawak, and in Brunei, where it is called Ambuyat. Read more: What’s the best electric smoker?
Papeda or bubur sagu, is sago congee, the staple food of native individuals in Maluku and Papua. It is typically found in eastern Indonesia, as the counterpart of central and western Indonesian foods that favour rice as their essential food.
Papeda is made by cooking sago flour with water and stirring till it coagulates. It has a glue-like consistency and structure. Papeda is generally consumed with yellow soup made from tuna or mubara fish spiced with turmeric and lime.
Material made papeda :
- 100 g of corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1000 cc of water
- Melt the sago flour with 300 ml water
- Add salt and sugar
- Boil the staying water
- Pour boiling water into corn starch option, stirring carefully so as sago prepared through
- Papeda say is ripe if it is really clear if still uneven ripening of the dough can be prepared over low heat, stirring continuously
- If it is clear lift and serve warm.
- Yellow Fish Soup For Complementary Papeda
Read more: How to Make Bakpia Pathok Jogjakarta
- 1/2 kg of tuna fish, wash and soak with lemon and salt
- 1 lemon, squeezed
- basil, siangi
- green chilies, get rid of the core
- 2 tablespoons oil for sauteing
- 1 stalk lemongrass, squashed
- 2 bay leaves
- 600ml lukewarm water
Spices that are:
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 pieces of red onion
- 3 pieces of hazelnut
- 2 cm ginger
- 2 cm turmeric
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tbsp tsp salt
- Saute flavoring already mashed with Lemongrass and greetings till fragrant and prepared.
- Add boiled water, Cook until it boils.
- Enter your fish, salt, sugar and cayenne pepper, Cook up until the fish is cooked.
- Simply before food preparation, include the basil leaves and lemon juice, mix well.
- Act as a complement papeda.