Some well-known meals of water spinach are sambal kangkong, kangkong belacan, adobong kangkong, tumis kangkung, cah kangkung, and so on. If you are searching for simple water spinach dish, right here is my variation of stir deep-fried water spinach or called tumis kangkung, rau muong xao toi stir fry, ong choy stir fry, kangkong goreng, cah kangkung.
This environment-friendly is plentiful in East and also Southeast Asia. As soon as think about as pauper’s supper however in Western nations this low-cost veggie ended up being limited and also costly.
Water green spinach likewise referred to as ong choy, Chinese water green spinach, overload cabbage, early morning splendor, water convolvulus, kang kong/kangkong, kang kung/kangkung, rau muong (Vietnamese), phak bung (Thai) as well as various other names is leafed eco-friendly veggie which has tender as well as pointy entrusts crispy stalks.
- 1 kilogram water spinach, clean the water spinach and shake it dry
- 1/2 tablespoon tamarind liquefy in 1 tablespoon lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 200 grams medium prawn/shrimp, cleaned and disposed of the heads
- 1 tablespoon oil for stir frying
- salt as wanted
Spices to be ground:
- 6 shallots
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 tablespoons tauco (salted fermented soy beans).
- 1/2 teaspoon terasi udang (dried out shrimp paste), toasted.
- 5 red long cayenne peppers.
- Prepare the veggie by breaking off the leaves at the base, and after that breaking the stems with your hands at about 1.5” periods. Leave the top tail end of stem undamaged with the leading 2 leaves on.
- Heat your wok to truly high. The secret of stir fry is a hot wok. If you’re utilizing an electrical stove, leave the stove on high for about 3-5 minutes with the frying pan loaded with oil resting on top. Stir fry ground spices and shrimps till sweet-smelling.
- Extra water spinach/morning magnificence, tamarind mix, soy sauce and salt (I didn’t extra any salt). Turn the veggies and expanded a couple of times to make certain they equally prepare. They’re done when the leaves are dark green and wilted and the stem is medium green. Do not overcook, or they’ll taste bad. Get rid of from heat and delight in! In this case, I consumed with rendang and warmed prepared rice.